Email marketing is an effective strategy on the Internet but it is true that sometimes ideas run out, especially when we do not have a plan.
What do you send in your newsletters? You probably base your content on selling and selling, that’s how we all start, but it’s not the only thing you can, and should, do.
Email marketing should serve to educate the customer, only then will it go through the levels of the conversion funnel until the effective purchase. In the event that it is a buyer, you are going to make it loyal to the brand.
There are many content ideas, in fact, today I am going to give you many so that you can plan your strategy. These ideas can be recycled, that is, used several times, even combined; I leave that to your imagination, need and creativity. The important thing is that the content you share is of great value.
This type of message is ideal for your client to know more about you and the efforts you make to satisfy their needs. I recommend that you always write them from the point of view of the benefit that the client receives – unless it is the story that has taken you to where you are -, and not of how good your company is; remember that customers want to know what they earn.
What can I say about my company? What you want to add value, for example, some important event, the anniversary of its foundation or things like that. I would not expect a great open rate for these messages, although if you combine it with a promotion they may have a better effect. Let’s number some ideas
Articles that speak well of your company
- Changes in your company that favor the customer
- The company’s anniversary or an important date
- Acknowledgments received by the company
- Lists of jobs available in your company
- Summaries of the monthly or annual activities of your company
- Your company seen from the inside
- Messages from the president, sales director or an important position, about a specific topic.
- History of your company
- Important data to strengthen confidence in your business.
- Now, I know that you may be thinking that not all ideas are adapted to your business and it is true, but I wanted to give it a much more global character.
In fact, the ideas related to talking about how well your company is doing may not be of interest to most of those who receive the newsletter, but they can be relevant information to strengthen your reputation in the market.
As long as you know how to offer the content in a pleasant way, your clients will open your emails and they will feel committed to your business / brand.
In this series, what matters most are the messages with the changes that affect consumers; try to make these the most attractive messages.
Product updates and usage guides
As I have mentioned, Email marketing is not only used to sell, but to educate your customers. The best way to do this is by keeping them up to date with the advances and updates you make to your products or services.
It is crucial that you send these emails, especially when you want to launch a new product or when you want to give out someone else that you feel has been underestimated.
The ideas in these cases are:
- New features of your products and case studies
- Information related to the use of any product Information about lesser known uses of a product or service
- Product update and information on new collections
- Exclusive tips for your subscribers Information on the use of mobile applications (if you have one)
- Discounts and promotions on your products
- Announcements of new stores or changes in the platform you currently use.
Of all these ideas, I prefer those that educate the customer, since they are the ones that lead to better quality content. If you want to educate while you improve the purchase intention, then it is good that you plan when you send these messages in Email marketing.
For example, if you are thinking of releasing a new series of products, you can educate about those that already exist, while talking about the characteristics of the products that you will have in the future. In the case of discounts and promotions, I always advise you to say what the message is about in the subject title, so you attract more the attention of your customers.
In fact, it is considered good practice in this type of strategy. This is the segment of ideas that you should use the most in your newsletter and remember that you must provide high quality content. If you are going to give advice, make sure that they are not the same as those found in other sites, because that does not add value.
Diverse content that does not necessarily talk about your products
Educating your clients can always go one step further. Of course, you always try to take your product as an example to educate, but there is information that does not require that it be marked with what you sell.
Obviously, it is not only about customer education, but about your own education, that is, you can use your newsletters to measure the impact your brand is having on the market and how to improve it.
In this case I leave you these ideas:
- Quotes, thoughts, motivational phrases associated with your sector (also recommended for social networks)
- Studies related to the sector that attacks your product, new trends and statistics
- Updates on your social networks
- Summary of the content on your website
- Recommendations on products and services that complement what you sell.
- If you look closely, you take communication to another level, you try to give them valuable information, seen from the general perspective, so that your client feels that you really care about their well-being; that is the image they take of your company.
Remember, not all messages must be marked by what you sell, many times you will have to be one of the community and interact like anyone who has a need that they seek to satisfy.
More human messages
This is another strategy that you should adopt, not just as a type of message, but in each message. If the messages are signed by a person instead of a company, if you show success stories from other clients and publicly thank those who have collaborated in the development of your company, you can most likely reflect that human side.
The newsletter, like the rest of the exposure resources you use, should serve as a communication channel to solve problems. In this case, you must anticipate the needs of your clients to be able to offer help even when they have not requested it.
The idea is easy, you can:
- Send emails with frequently asked questions and answers
- Success stories of clients who have been satisfied after you have responded to their requests
- Free resources for your clients to expand their knowledge
- Messages where you remember the ways to resolve conflict, confirming your attention to help Information about upcoming events.
I have already talked about this in the previous points, but it is worth saying it again. An important event is a good time to send an email message, especially if you want your clients to attend. From time to time you can send a reminder so that your clients can follow the track of the event you are promoting.
I have the ideas, but where do I get inspired to write the content?
I know that it can be difficult to write content when you don’t know where to start (especially when you want quality content). I think the best way to inspire you is to immerse yourself in the world of your business and from there analyze what is missing, what remains to be said. You have to be aware of what your competition does, from there you can improve, although you don’t necessarily have to go after what they do.
Many times the best content is achieved from our clients’ own knowledge. For example, from the interaction on social networks, you can know what information your client needs to give it in a timely manner. Creating successful content, not just for email newsletters, relies on answering the most common questions your market has.
Do not be afraid to reveal secrets, as that can position you as a true connoisseur on the subject. It is also true that not all ideas are applicable for your business, but that can serve as a reflection. Perhaps at this time you do not have any event to announce, and the idea of the content may lead you to make changes in the strategy of your company, perhaps some of the data that I have given you will lead you to carry out other activities so that your company has a better reception by the market.
As much as they say that business today must be so good, that it attracts customers without the need to pressure them, it never hurts to attract the attention of the market; content generally achieves this action.
Use these ideas and develop your own plan, you will see how it gives very good results.